Advanced Hair Clinics is the most modern and innovative hair transplantation clinic in Greece and a pioneer in FUE hair transplantation techniques with a great number of patients from Greece and abroad that have undergone successful hair restoration sessions. In Advanced Hair Clinics the problem of hair loss is treated comprehensively, starting from the correct diagnosis and providing a wide range of scientific treatments, from the conservative medical therapy, PRP treatment and laser treatments, to the most innovative hair transplantation method, Advanced FUE.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a minimal invasive hair transplant method of transferring individual hair follicles.
Advanced FUE is the most advanced hair transplantation technique. Advanced FUE method allows the restoration of hair loss and baldness in men and women, with no pain, no permanent marks or scars on the scalp and with a fully natural end result.
The FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique or hair transplant method of transferring individual hair follicles was introduced in 2003. FUE is the most modern method of hair transplant and tends to prevail globally since it is minimally invasive. In order to perform hair transplant FUE method, the plastic surgeon has to be specialized and exceptionally trained since it is considered to be an extremely demanding method from a technical standpoint.
The Advanced FUE technique is applied by the renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Anastasios Vekris and his medical team at Advanced Hair Clinics.Dr. Anastasios Vekris is a specialized hair surgeon and a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) and he is considered to be one of the leading experts in the minimally invasive FUE hair transplantation, worldwide.
What are the advantages of FUE hair transplant method?
The advantages of FUE hair transplant method over the earlier technique FUT or strip are numerous, contributing significantly to the increasing popularity of the method and the gradual displacement of the strip:
• It is minimally invasive and is performed under local anaesthesia
• Minimal bleeding (as opposed to strip)
• Permanent scarring in the donor area is avoided
• Minimum pain after surgery
• Quick recovery
• It does not require sutures, thus minimizing the chances of infection or wound breakdown
• It allows uniform use of all donor area
• It allows accurate determination of hair follicles to be extracted
• It allows the reuse of the donor area, without consequences for future surgeries
• Reduces likelihood of complications such as facial swelling
• Different body areas can be used as donor areas e.g. chest, back or face without scarring
• It is equally suitable for small (e.g. eyebrow) or major surgery without scarring, whereas with the strip method, is necessary to obtain a skin strip and placing sutures is required even for the smallest surgery.